The meeting was held from 4 to 7 March 2014 in the International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna, Austria, within the framework of the Technical Cooperation Project RLA0048: “Networking for Nuclear Education, Training, Outreach and Knowledge Sharing”. The same was intended to discuss the abovementioned topic in the countries from the Latin American and Caribbean region that participate in the project.
The purpose of the meeting was to:
- Revise the results achieved of the Project RLA0048 in the light of LANENT (Latin American Network for Education in Nuclear Technology, LANENT) working groups’ action plans,
- Present the achievements and challenges faced,
- Discuss the implementation of the tasks foreseen for 2014,
- Analyse the main points to be treated in the meeting which will be held in May 2014 in Mexico,
- Present proposals for the continuation of the current Project (2015),
- Start drafting proposals for a new Project to be held in 2016-2017.
The main results of the Project RLA0048 are the following, among others: consolidation of the educational network; LANENT website which is already accessible and regularly updated; training of over 10 professionals of the region in nuclear knowledge management; purchase of equipment and software to digitize documents in the intervening INIS centres. A Learning Module in Spanish in the Logical Framework Approach was developed and is already available. Currently, an integrated database is under development on nuclear education in different regions.